Mobile Sports Betting In New York
Mobile Sports Betting in New York
Mobile sports betting was recently legalized in New York State on January 8th. New Yorkers can download an app if they are interested in placing a bet on a sporting event. For many, sports gambling is a form of entertainment that can be fun and enjoying, but for some it can become a problem. With the increase in access and availability, the Problem Gambling Resource Centers (PGRC) want to bring attention to what mobile sports betting is and make sure those who are struggling know there are resources available.
The Impact on New Yorkers
Recently the PGRC’s were able to have some in-depth conversations about the legalization of mobile sports betting and how it may impact New Yorkers. Check out the latest podcasts from the Finger Lakes and Mid-Hudson Regions:
WHAT ARE THE ODDS: Attack of the Ads? The Rise of Mobile Sports Betting in NYS
The Hidden Addiction: Mobile Sports Betting Update
Mobile Sports Betting is here in New York, and we know that many people may struggle with it. Sports gambling may have started out as fun, but now is problematic for you. Reach out for support if you are concerned about your gambling. Some of the warning signs of problem gambling include:
- Gambling to escape or avoid worries, frustration or disappointments
- Neglecting other responsibilities to concentrate on gambling activities
- Increasing the amount of money bet in an effort to win back losses
- Gambling with money needed for necessary expenses, such as groceries or medication
- Relying on borrowing money from others to get out of debt
- Feeling desperate, depressed or suicidal because of gambling
If you want to learn more about what supports are available to you, visit www.NYProblemGamblingHELP.org to find the resource center in your region.