Call or Text NOW for Help
Awareness is about bringing forth information to the public and to the community. The information may be new, or it may be undiscovered. We all have something dear to our hearts that we want to share and educate people on, we all have something important to say.
The New York Council on Problem Gambling wanted to bring forth awareness to New York State, and they did so by creating the Problem Gambling Resource Centers. Since we have started in the Mid-Hudson region, we have been welcomed by so many great organizations and communities doing amazing work. We are grateful to every community for wanting to bring awareness to this subject because it is an important one that affects not just the individual and the family, but us as a society. Statistics show that:
- 20% of those addicted to gambling have filed for bankruptcy
- 20% of the homeless are addicted to gambling
- 60% of those addicted to gambling will commit crimes
- 20% of those addicted to gambling complete or attempt suicide
- The cost of problem and pathological gambling does not only affect individuals and their families. Society also bears the brunt of gambling, with the overall cost to taxpayers estimated at $56,000 for each problem gambler, including cost of treatment, health-related costs, absenteeism at work and time spent in courts
We are in the business of Problem Gambling, but at the end of the day we are about the business of helping individuals and communities. We are only stronger when we work together. Again, the Mid-Hudson Problem Gambling Resource Center wants to thank you for allowing us to bring forth awareness on problem gambling.
Please be sure to like us on Facebook and Instagram! We will continue to post about problem gambling awareness and share our community partners information. Please stay healthy and safe.
The Mid-Hudson Region PGRC is a program of the New York Council on Problem Gambling, which is funded by the New York State Office of Addiction Services and Supports. The Mid-Hudson PGRC is dedicated to addressing the issue of problem gambling within the Mid-Hudson New York region through increasing public awareness and connecting those adversely affected with services that can help them.
The Mid-Hudson PGRC is dedicated to the positive transformation of lives harmed by problem gambling. This vision of transformation includes individuals with a gambling problem as well as their families and communities. With a focus on supporting the individual and reducing barriers to care, the Mid-Hudson PGRC is truly the premier organization providing problem gambling services in the Mid-Hudson region of New York State.