Call NOW for Help
March is Problem Gambling Awareness Month and here is what we are planning on Staten Island:
- We are making it easier for people to talk to loved ones about potential gambling problems. Follow @NYCPGRC on Facebook and NewYorkCityPGRC on Instagram for updates on conversation starters all month long!
- We are giving Staten Islanders lots of options for participating in Problem Gambling Awareness Month (PGAM). Passionate about our cause? Whether you are a clinician, community leader or simply a resident of our island that cares, there are plenty ways to get involved. Check out our cheat sheet for ways to support PGAM here.
- We are increasing problem gambling literacy among our college students. Did you know that college students who gamble are twice as likely as the rest of the population to have problems in their life due to gambling? During March 1 – 9 we are partnering with the College of Staten Island Health &Wellness Center to offer brief 3-questiona assessments to any student who is interested in taking a quick “gambling check up.” Follow csi_health_wellness on Instagram between March 1 – 9 for links to the assessment. And spread the word if you know any students at CSI!
Thanks to all of the organizations and businesses who helped us spread information about problem gambling and our services during PGAM!
- Celebrate Hope Recovery Center
- College of Staten Island
- Forest Avenue Business Improvement District
- Jewish Board of Children & Family Services
- Nacho Mama
- NAMI, Staten Island
- NYC Dept of Health & Mental Hygiene’s Teen Connection Program
- The Office of Borough President James Oddo
- Recovery Centers of America
- SMART Recovery NYC
- The Sandwich Shoppe
- Staten Island Chamber of Commerce
- Staten Island Partnership for Community Wellness
- Tri-Lounge Café
- United Activities Unlimited
The Staten Island Problem Gambling Resource Center is a program of the New York Council on Problem Gambling, which is funded by the New York State Office of Addiction Services and Supports. The Staten Island PGRC is dedicated to addressing the issue of problem gambling in Staten Island through increasing public awareness and connecting those adversely affected with services that can help them.
The Staten Island Problem Gambling Resource Center is dedicated to the positive transformation of lives harmed by problem gambling. This vision of transformation includes individuals with a gambling problem as well as their families and communities. With a focus on supporting the individual and reducing barriers to care, the Staten Island PGRC is truly the premier center for providing problem gambling services in Staten Island, NY.